The public hearing to renew Redwood Academy's charter is scheduled for November 12th at the UUSD Board Room. Details about time to follow.
We believe that:
- All people have value. It is each person's responsibility to strive continually to enhance that value.
- All people have unlimited potential to learn. People learn at different rates and in different ways and have the right to learn in an environment that accepts those differences. Learning is an activity of joy that requires great, sustained effort.
- All people are challenged to higher levels of performance by high expectations. It is each educator's, parent's, and community member's responsibility to set high expectations and invest the resources needed to help each student meet the challenge. It is each learner's responsibility to seize the value of that investment and achieve.
- All people benefit from respect. An environment in which people and things are respected is essential to the emotional safety of everyone.
- To use one or more languages to express individuality with precision and pride;
- To draw from the disciplines of mathematics and science to be a rational thinker;
- To develop a sense of self from a cultural and historical context;
- To participate in the arts as a performer and critic;
- To make healthy choices for personal fitness from among competing demands;
- To use technology and household tools to live independently;
- To possess depth in a career-related area of personal interest; and
- To maintain the motivation and tools to continue to learn.